Our guest today is Tom Sylvester from Sylvester Coaching and Training. Tom knows that corporate life was not going to be for him, but he needed to create a nest egg before he started his own entrepreneurial pursuits.
Tom promised he would escape corporate by 35 and he managed to achieve this with 2 years to spare.
Tom is a lifelong learner and implementor. He gives great advise and opens up what it is like to run a business with your life partner who is very different to you.
What you will learn in the podcast
- The importance of creating a nest egg before you escape corporate
- Options to create wealth outside of your corporate job and how a bold move can pay off
- The benefits of focusing on your ‘why’ and not getting caught in the ‘how’
- The number one tip to live a productive life
- How to put your family at the centre of what you do whilst being successful in multiple businesses
- How to work with your life partner when you have opposite personality types
- What is important when building a high performing team
- How to communicate with a team not located in one location
- What are the key pain points when scaling a family oriented business
- What you can do when you work for yourself
- Importance of giving students choices when it comes to entrepreneurship
Links mentioned in the podcast
- Lifestyle builders podcast
- Entrepreneur On Fire podcast
- BLG52 – How To Use Painful Disappointments To Stop Climbing the Corporate Ladder with Kate Erickson
- Screw the nine to five
Connect with Tom Sylvester
Connect With Paul and Build Live Give
Thank You for Tuning In!
If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it with others. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live!