Michael’s father was doing work/life integration before it was a thing. His dad was a writer and Michael knew one day he would follow his lead.
He started working at a small publisher, went to a large corporate and realised small business was for him.
Michael shares some great insights in the publishing world and provides content which you find very hard to access. Grab a paper and pen and get ready for some gold.
What you will learn in the podcast
- Some of the downsides of working in corporate
- How to acquire skills to learn how to run your own business
- How access and speed are the two advantages to self-publishing
- Why a publisher is like a movie producer and what services they provide
- How to scale a business with no marketing
- What work/life integration means and how to achieve it
- How to scale a business without putting on more staff
- What conversations to have with your life partner when making the transition
- How to batch emails
- Importance of taking action
Links mentioned in the podcast
- Michael Hanrahan Publishing
- Michael’s LinkedIn profile
- Andrew Griffiths
- Aboriginal Literacy Foundation
- G Suite
- Flying Solo podcast
- The Business Over Breakfast Podcast
Connect With Paul and Build Live Give