Lisa Sweeney had a wonderful career in retail which allowed her to travel the world and explore different cultures.
Her values became misaligned with the company she was working for and she left to build a community with her good friend to solve some of the wage disparity she had witnessed during her corporate days.
Since 2016, Business in heels community has grown to more than 160K women across the globe.
Lisa takes us through this journey and shares some of her wisdom. A corporate escapee story not to miss.
What you will learn in the podcast
- How to overcome the initial shock of leaving corporate
- Who you should surround yourself with
- How to approach and find the right mentors
- Why 7/10 women fail in small business
- How to work with partners and apply the give 1st principle
- What it takes to grow an audience to over 160K in less than 2 years
- The number one activity which has driven profitability
- The difficulties of managing a geographically dispersed team
- The importance of groups on social media
Links mentioned in the podcast
- Business In Heels
- Simon Sinek’s book
- Tony Robbins podcast
- Ambitious Entrepreneur show
- Business In Heels podcast
- Social Media Examiner podcast
Connect With Paul and Build Live Give