The key benefit of listening
- Who to message
- What to say
- How to follow up
Who to message
When 1, 2 3 connection likes and comments on your post you have a choice to make on whether you connect or message them or not. I only reach out to people who fit my ideal client profile.
What to say
If a 2nd or 3rd connection, then send a connection request saying:
Hi first name – Thank you for liking/commenting on my post [insert topic]. Would you be open to connecting? Cheers..Paul
If they accept, then send:
First name – Thanks for connecting. I look forward to following your content. What is your key focus at the moment?
Once they reply, I use a couple of technics
- Like meeting someone for a virtual coffee
- Ask short open questions relating to their focus. eg. might talk about getting awareness to product X
- What have you tried which is working well?
- Adding value. I look at their LI posts and give then short videos on what they could tweak to improve their posts
- Then I ask them if they are open for a call to find out more? If yes then, then I send them a booking link
- Only one question at a time – always open
- I keep my best-performing questions in Evernote
- Getting 80% response rate helped by posting content first
- Like to see some examples, connect with me on LI quoting this podcast
How to follow up
I have VAs who track messages in LI and put leads into Copper my Sales CRM
I find LI a pain to track messages and sales fall through the cracks
If someone has opened my email (shown in copper) and not replied I will send them a video of something they can get value from relating to LinkedIn. Personalise to them. Much better than saying I am following up. People can join the dots.
I use Dubb for this and record on my iPhone showing their screen and me talking them through it. I can track on Dubb views as well.
If I am getting no love I will send them this script:
I am guessing you are very busy and time is critical, so please reply with a 1,2 or 3:
- Now is not a good time. I will come back when I am ready
- I have found a solution and no longer need your help. Like to keep in contact
- I am still interested, and please keep following up with me
Connect With Paul and Build Live Give
Thank You for Tuning In!
If you are wanting to build new revenue streams to Fund your lifestyle and work less – then get a copy of my book at www.buildlivegive.com/book