Our guest Jamie Pride from The Founder Lab had a stellar career in technology, working around the globe. But being an entrepreneur at heart, he then left corporate.
He and his wife Sam decided to raise their three children in Australia and he returned to be CEO of RealEstate.com.au
He then went on to create his own startup and had a successful exit.
Now he is helping build better founders, an area which he believes is still under serviced.
He gives loads of practical advise and this is an episode not to miss.
What you will learn in the podcast
- Jamie’s musical background – you will never pick it!
- What support you need when you are in a role is potentially beyond your capability
- Why 92% of startups fail in 3 years and what you can do to avoid it
- What traits they assess for founder suitability
- What are the essential elements you need to get right in a startup
- Why value is more important than scale
- What is different about the USA v Australia when it comes to corporates
- A killer morning routine
- What makes a great startup team
- Artificial Intelligence
Links mentioned in the podcast
- Book: Unicorn Tears: Why Startups Fail and How To Avoid It
- Book: Principles
- The Tim Ferriss Show
- Reboot podcast
- This Week In Startups
- Masters of Scale
- The Twenty Minute VC
- Headspace app
- Smiling Minds app
Connect with Jamie Pride
Connect With Paul and Build Live Give
Thank You for Tuning In!
If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it by using the social media buttons you see at the top and bottom of this page. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live!