Fred Duku Silver, the founder of The Shining Snow Flake Foundation is an inspiration to all.
He started his journey in a refugee camp after fleeing war-ravaged Uganda with his family.
From an early age, he was curious. He would spend hours wondering and seeing parts of the camp that other would not.
This sense of curiosity and adventure brought him to Australia as an 11-year old and he only knew one word in English – the word YES. This word got him into a lot of trouble and the writing was on the wall for him to turn into a disenchanted teenager. But this is not how Fred’s story turns out.
He has taken the pain of his own experience and turned it into a passion for helping others.
This is an incredible story and one you have to listen to.
What you will learn in the podcast
- What it is like to grow up in a refugee camp
- The struggles of only knowing one English word in an English speaking country
- How you can make choices to not be controlled by your environment
- You don’t have to be perfect to make a difference
- The power of stories
- How best to help the homeless and disadvantaged in society
Links mentioned in the podcast
- Google Drive
- One Drive
- Books: Made in America by Sam Walton and Influence by Robert Cialdini
Connect With Fred Duku Silver
Connect With Paul and Build Live Give
Thank You for Tuning In!
If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it by using the social media buttons you see at the top and bottom of this page. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live!