Derek was introduced to outsourcing in 2011 when he needed a solution to a 24/7 staffing requirement, and simply could not afford the high labour costs of the ‘West’. Since 2011, Derek has become completely immersed in the world of outsourcing. He is now one of the industry’s biggest advocates.
He then founded Outsource Accelerator in response to the growing need for an independent source of outsourcing information and education.
What you will learn in the podcast
- What Derek learnt from building a team of 70 people in the Philippines
- At what size you should think to set up your own outsourcing office
- What technology changes has lead to the increase in outsourcing and why by 2030 every small business will be outsourcing
- The most common challenges small business owners face when outsourcing
- Why the Philippines is considered the Swiss banking equivalent for outsourcing
- Why India and the Philippines are the two countries to use for outsourcing
- What roles to start outsourcing with
- What are the cultural differences in the Philippines
- What the common objections are to outsourcing
- What benefits you can gain from tapping into outsourcing expertise
- What the difference is between job platforms and professional outsourcing
Links mentioned in the podcast
Connect With Paul and Build Live Give