David Clarke Founder of In Life Independent Living was influenced at an early age by his parents to be socially conscious. This was at the fabric of who he was as he ventured in the consulting world post-University, working for BCG. He had many successful years as a consultant, loving the mental pursuits, however, the investment in time was starting to take a toll at home. He took the brave step to go out on his own and do some independent consulting to spend more time with his family.
One thing led to another and he started to see opportunities in Disability Services. He thought it was in need of an overhaul and decided to start his own business in the sector.
David shares his rich insights into the National Disability Scheme and the complexity of leading a startup in an industry where the impact of your services makes a material impact on a person’s life.
David is a very humble, caring and clever person. Great podcast and well worth a listen.
What you will learn in the podcast
- How to seek advise from mentors
- What it is like living with a disability and the challenges in delivering services to the people who need it most
- What assumptions you need to test in your business and how to adapt
- How to keep up with the pace of change
- How National Disability Services works
- Benefits of having a master do to list
- What technology to use to deliver great service
- Importance of picking the right market
Links mentioned in the podcast
Connect With David Clarke
Connect With Paul and Build Live Give
Thank You for Tuning In!
If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it by using the social media buttons you see at the top and bottom of this page. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live!