5 LinkedIn Tips To Increase Referrals
Sales Strategies for Consulting Businesses
If you are interested in expanding your network of referral partners or thinking of starting a referral program, this episode is for you. Leverage the power of LinkedIn and implement these 5 actions to grow your business.
01:55 – Targeted profile: Be really clear who your ideal client is on your profile
03:07 – Key parts on your LinkedIn profile: The header, headline, feature section, about section, testimonials, company profile.
04:18 – Engaging on posts: Three ways to use your posts to engage with potential clients
05:17 – Influencer post: Leverage bigger platforms.
07:35 – LinkedIn groups: You can approach someone who knows your ideal client and ask them if they want to be a referral partner for you
08:05 – LinkedIn outreach: There are a couple of ways that work really well.
Sign up to receive email updates
Enter your name and email address below and I'll send you periodic updates about the podcast.
Be really clear who your ideal client is on your profile. I often have conversations around referrals and when I introduce this person, and then you go and check their profile and realise it is a completely different person. A confused buyer doesn’t buy.
I know you get nervous when you niche down too much on your profile, but I really think if you want the “Hell, yes!”, and also the noes, when people come to your profile, you don’t want to appeal to everyone. It doesn’t mean that other people will come to you. People make the decision to buy in two minutes, so the easier you make it, the better.
Engaging on posts
Three ways to use your posts to engage to with potential clients:
- If you mention a case study or testimonial on your post, add a call to action that invites people to refer to someone with the same profile.
- Mention your referral program in your posts.
- In your comment, ask: “Do you know someone like this”.
Leverage bigger platforms. You might not have 5 million followers on Linkedin, but there are people out there who also serve your ideal client. Check who is engaging with those influencers.
Owners of the groups know 10% of the people who frequently engage with the group. You can approach someone who knows your ideal client and ask them if they want to be a referral partner for you. They can hand-pick some people that might need the service you provide.
It sounds obvious, but I have a couple of ways that work really well.
- Use your first connections that offer services that naturally go before yours and ask them to refer you.
- Provide your clients with virtual assistants and sales support.
If you want the scripts, send an email to [email protected] and I will share them with you.
Three key actions from today
- Set up a referral program to attract and reward people.
- Implement one action out of the five mentioned above.
- If you want to look at the full system, go to Paulhigginsmentoring.com/asp
- Build your authority on LinkedIn
- Book Like a Boss
- Accelerate Sales Program
- Take The Accelerate Pulse check!
Connect With Paul
Thank You for Tuning In! Subscribe to our channel HERE
If you want to be seen in uncertain times and add value to your Ideal Client so you can build lasting relationships – click here to learn our three secrets